Unscheduled power cuts irk Srinagar residents
- State, Published on: Thursday 17th November 16 - 8:52pm
Appeals PDD to redress their grievances
Srinagar: Accusing Power Development Department (PDD) for ignoring their plights, Inhabitants of various Srinagar areas on Thursday demanded immediate redressal of the genuine grievances.
The residents of various Srinagar areas including Habba Kadal, Fateh Kadal, Khanyar, Batamaloo, Sanat Nagar, Humhama and others alleged that since Darbar move, PDD has failed to provide them adequate electricity.
They said that PDD is subjecting them to unscheduled power cuts in the cold days.
They said that they are being forced to face tremendous hardships due to the non-availability of electricity in their areas. “The authorities have miserably failed to provide us adequate electricity. There is no schedule in power now. The authorities must provide adequate electricity to them,” they said.
Inhabitants of Srinagar areas later appealed PDD Chief Engineer (CE), Shahnaz Goni to personally intervene into the matter and redress their genuine grievances at earliest.
Despite repeated attempts, Chief Engineer PDD, Shahnaz Goni could not be contacted for the comments.
- DGP visits border areas Reviews security
- Shaheen assails PDP-BJP for ignoring Chenab Valley
- Students clash with police in Pulwama and Budgam
- After remaining suspended for over 4 months; Post paid mobile internet services to be restored from tonight
- HR activist files petition in SHRC Seeks waiver of school fees, other dues