NC delegation apprises Farooq about problems of Gool area
- State, Published on: Friday 11th November 16 - 10:17am
Hope Govt would realise its responsibilities towards general public: Farooq
Jammu: Apprising National Conference President Dr Farooq Abdullah of the magnitude of problems in remote and far-off areas of the Chenab Valley due to failure of PDP-BJP dispensation on all fronts, a delegation of Gool Arnas said that the people were suffering from total neglect for the past two and half years.
In a statement issued to KNS said that the delegation, led by senior party functionary of the area, Dr Shamshad Shaan particularly referred to dilapidated condition of roads and defunct utility serves, saying the supply position of drinking water and power was quite erratic. They said that the rations on CAPD outlets is sub-standard and adequate buffer has not been made in view of ensuing winter months.
The delegation also referred to the plight of daily wagers, saying nothing has been done with regard to their regularization despite promises made during 2014 elections and also assailed the coalition dispensation for delay in disbursement of old-age and destitute pension among the targeted segments of society.
Dr Abdullah said he was aware about the difficulties being faced to the people and hoped that the government would realise its responsibilities towards the general public and mitigate their problems.
The delegation comprised prominent NC workers of the area Master Mohd Ibrahim Sheikh, PIr Masooq Ali, Basharat Ahmed, Sayed Abid Shah and others.
- Private schools announce provisional promotion to students
- NC delegation apprises Farooq about problems of Gool area
- Christchurch Test to go ahead as planned despite earthquake
- Darren Bravo's poor performances did not merit higher contract - Cameron
- Police disallow Malik to meet Mirwaiz Hurriyat (M) condemns police action