All liabilities pending for last 7-10 years to be cleared by 31st March 2017: Drabu
- State, Published on: Saturday 19th November 16 - 8:28pm
“Allocations, lapses, diversions won’t be allowed”
Srinagar: The State government is set to clear all liabilities pending disposal before several departments latest by 31st march this year. The total liabilities pending disposal before several departments excluding power sector are about 3, 200 crores.
Talking to Global Kashmir Finance Minister Dr. Haseeb Drabu confirmed that the liabilities pending disposal before different departments would be cleared latest by 31st march 2017. He said total liabilities without power sector amount to 3, 200 crores and these liabilities have been accumulated over the years.
He said “for power sector the power purchase liability inherited by this government were around 7, 500 crores of which 4000 crores have been paid off in the last one and half years and the remaining 3, 500 crores will be cleared by December 31st 2016.
Stating that there won’t be any lapses, diversions and add allocations Finance Minister said R&B department is facing a liability of 600 crores which would also be released latest by March ending 2017.
- Govt announces waiver of T-2 examination for classes 8th, 9th, 11th in Kashmir valley
- Day 132: 65-yr old man hit by teargas shell succumbs; shutdown continues amid evening clashes
- After remaining suspended for over 4 months; Post paid mobile internet services to be restored from tonight
- All-round Perera studs Barisal win
- Kashmir Imbroglio: RSS responsible for Modi’s silence: Jha