Shaheen assails PDP-BJP for ignoring Chenab Valley
- Latest News, Published on: Saturday 19th November 16 - 8:34pm
Expresses concern over developmental paralyses
Ramban: National Conference on Saturday expressing deep anguish over total neglect of the Chenab Valley districts by the PDP-BJP dispensation, saying halt in development and defunct utility services have pushed the region back to several decades.
“There is no semblance of the government on ground, which has led to administrative inertia as a result of which far off areas in particular have been suffering adversely”, District President Sajjad Shaheen said at a meeting of the senior functionaries of the Ramban District.
In a statement issued to Global Kashmir, Shaheen particularly lashed out at PDP for its under-performance saying this party has become a willing tool in the hands of the BJP for furthering RSS agenda. “Consequently, the traditional atmosphere of amity becomes causality whenever reactionary forces become active to further their political interests”, he added. He asked the people in general and the party cadre in particular to remain vigilant against the machinations of the divisive elements and isolate them by further strengthening the bonds of amity and unity.
The meeting expressed concern over developmental paralyses and administrative inertia, observing that while utility services have become dysfunctional, the people are suffering of rations at CAPD outlets, dilapidated road communication, irregular power and water supply.
Those present on the occasion included District Secretary Ramban Arif Mir, Youth Provincial Secretary Abid Magrey, Youth District President Mohd Farooq Gazi, Rafiq Ahmed Wani, Block Secretary Batote Arshid Mir and Mohd Akhter Mir.
- Hurriyat (G) condemns disallowing Geelani from offering Friday prayers
- 5 policemen suspended after militants snatch service rifles
- Students’ clashes with Forces in Sopore and Srinagar Shutdown in Aripanthan against arrest spree
- Rural areas reel under darkness Most of the villages remain without electricity for days together
- Wreath lying ceremony of martyred police man held at DPL Srinagar