Northern Army commander visits Chinar corps
- Latest News, Published on: Saturday 19th November 16 - 8:40pm
Interacts with all ranks at Badami Bagh Cantt
Srinagar: Lt Gen DS Hooda, General Officer Commanding in Chief, Northern Command, accompanied by Rashmi Hooda, visited Chinar Corps today.
Earlier in the day the Army Commander visited troops deployed in forward areas and reviewed the security situation. He exhorted all ranks to continue to work with the same zeal and motivation to overcome the challenges of terrorism, volatile internal security situation and external threats along the LoC.
At Srinagar the Army Commander interacted with all ranks at Badami Bagh Cantt. He complimented them for their professionalism, steadfastness, dedication & loyalty. He also appreciated the excellent synergy between Army, CAPF, JK Police and Civil administration of J&K in pursuit of the common goal of establishing "Peace & normalcy” in the state of J&K. The Army Commander also awarded Commendation cards to soldiers for exemplary dedication and devotion to duty.
In the meantime, Rashmi Hooda visited the facilities at Badami Bagh Cantt, Lt Gen DS Hooda is to retire at the end of the month after forty years of service to the nation.
- Britain plans £369 mn refit for Buckingham Palace
- Govt begins implementation of Rs 1600 cr WB-funded flood reconstruction programme
- After remaining suspended for over 4 months; Post paid mobile internet services to be restored from tonight
- Cross-Border Firing: India refutes Pakistan’s claim
- Army Chief Visits Kashmir