Two troopers 'mutilated' by BAT along LoC in Poonch: Army
- State, Published on: Monday 1st May 17 - 9:50pm
Poonch, May 1 (GNS): Two troopers including an army officer were killed and three others received serious injuries after Pakistani forces allegedly attacked several posts in border district of Poonch in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Pakistani forces targeted some posts along Line Of Control (LoC) in Krishana Ghati sector today morning. A team of Border security force (BSF) 200 bn and army’s 22 Sikh Regiment housing the posts namely ‘Kranti -1’ in the area and are guarding the fence when they were fired upon heavily with motor shells and rockets from the other side". an official statement issued here said.
“Simultaneously, a BAT action was launched on a patrol operating in between the two posts. In an unsoldierly act by the Pak army, the bodies of two of our soldiers in the patrol were mutilated", the statement said.
“Pakistan army carried out unprovoked rocket and mortar firing on two forward posts on the line of control in Krishna Ghati sector,” the statement said.
The army warned that they will avenge the Pak army action.
“Such despicable act of Pakistan army will be appropriately responded,” the statement added. (GNS)
- Resistance leadership calls for protest on Friday ‘Authorities have waged a war against civilian population’
- Div Com stalls construction in Friends Enclave
- People take benefits of UJALA scheme
- Kashmir: Over 40,000 people including 22,000 militants killed in last 27 years, reveals RTI report
- Buoyant South Africa enter new territory