Army Chief Visits Kashmir
- State, Published on: Monday 1st May 17 - 9:55pm
Srinagar, May 1 (GNS): General Bipin Rawat, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) arrived in the Valley on a two day visit today, a defence spokesman in a statement issued here said.
Accompanied by the Northern Army Commander and Chinar Corps Commander, the COAS visited Panzgam garrison and was briefed on the encounter with militants which took place on 27 April. The Chief took stock of the enhanced security measures, the statement said.
Later, the Army Chief was briefed by the Chinar Corps Commander on the prevailing situation in Kashmir at Badami Bagh. Army Chief appreciated the synergy being shown amongst all security agencies and complimented the troops for undertaking operations with firmness and resolve, the statement said.
General Rawat also visited the Army Base Hospital in BB Cantt where he enquired about the health of soldiers recuperating and wished them all a speedy recovery, the statement said.
The Army Chief impressed upon everyone to continue their positive engagement with the Awaam and provide them assistance when required, the statement said. (GNS)
- Pain of mothers can’t be divided, but security agencies often celebrate death of militants: Er. Rasheed It is New Delhi that is pitching Kashmiris against each other
- APHC denounces ‘harsh’ crackdown in Shopian villages
- Putin is planting 'mole nukes' in the sea to drown America in huge tsunami, Russian claims
- Autonomy remains only constitutional remedy to Kashmir issue: Dr Farooq
- Army manhandle female members, alleges Sopore family Police registers case