Shamelessly you cling on to power: Omar Abdullah to Mehbooba Mufti
- State, Published on: Tuesday 2nd May 17 - 9:02pm
SRINAGAR | MAY 02:Taking a dig on Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti over cancellation of bypoll to Anantnag parliamentary constituency, National Conference (NC) working president Omar Abdullah today alleged that the only things keeping her in the office are her shamelessness and a misplaced sense of pride in Delhi preventing admission of mistake.
Omar, who is the former Chief Minister of the State, wrote on micro-blogging site twitter, “The only things keeping @MehboobaMufti in office are her shamelessness & a misplaced sense of pride in Delhi preventing admission of mistake”.
Referring to cancellation of the bypoll, Omar said in many ways this is similar to the symbolic victory against India scored by the release of militants for Mehbooba’s sister in 1990.
“Don’t make the mistake of underestimating the symbolic victory of the “5 per cent” who brought the might of the Govt in Srinagar/Delhi to its knees,” Omar added.
“This is your legacy @MehboobaMufti. Your “5 per cent of the people” have brought J&K back to the early 90s yet shamelessly you cling on to power,” Omar said.
He said, ‘It’s depressing to see how far we have regressed in Kashmir from the highs of the Assembly polls of 2014 to the cancelled election of 2017. “Stop tilting at windmills. You guys have COMPLETELY mishandled things in Kashmir with @MehboobaMufti & these excuses won’t work!,” he added. (PTK)
- Hurriyat (G) condemns firing, shelling on funeral procession of Rizwan
- Girl who was injured with a stone yesterday at Handwara is fine: Police
- Demonization of Rs 500, Rs 1000 unique trick: Tarigami
- Autonomy remains only constitutional remedy to Kashmir issue: Dr Farooq
- Trump, Pence meeting in New York on Cabinet picks