Court extends judicial remand of Masarat Alam
- State, Published on: Wednesday 3rd May 17 - 9:13pm
A Baramulla Court Wednesday extended the judicial remand of incarcerated pro-freedom leader Masarat Alam Bhat again.
Reports said that the remand has been extended upto May 15, 2017.
Hurriyat (g) leader and Muslim League chairman, Masarat is lodged in district jail Baramulla under a case FIR No 52/2017 U/S 120 B and 13 Unlawful Activities Act.
Masarat is undergoing detention since October 2010 after he was arrested for spearheading the then people’s agitation. He was released for a shorter period of time when PDP assumed power in the state. (CNS)
- Swedish officials quiz Julian Assange at Ecuador embassy in London
- 2-Day National Conference on Emerging, Innovative Trends in Engineering Technology
- Dark days ahead: ‘Wide gap between demand and supply of electricity: PDD Chief Engineer
- Another Mahmudullah special helps Khulna defend 127
- De Grandhomme, Raval make it New Zealand's day