Morphed Photo of PM Modi Circulated on WhatsApp Group, Admin Arrested
- Nation, Published on: Wednesday 3rd May 17 - 9:44pm
Bengaluru: An administrator of a WhatsApp group has been arrested in Karnatakaâs Uttara Kannada district after a derogatory post about Prime Minister Narendra Modi was circulated in the group.
This is the first such arrest of a WhatsApp group administrator reported from Karnataka.
Media sources said that the administrator of 'The Balse Boys', Krishna Sannathamma Naik (30), from Murudeshwar area in the district has been arrested.
Krishna, an auto rickshaw driver, has been accused of posting derogatory matter about Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his group.
According to the police, a photograph of PM was morphed to look ugly and obscene before being circulated. Police registered a case after a complaint from Anand Manjunath Naik.
Another accused, Ganesh Naik, was also arrested and is out on bail. The third accused, Balakrishna Naik, is still on the run.
It's imperative to mention here that thousands of posts against a particular religion are being posted on Social media in India but till now no case has been lodged against such elements?
- Kashmir Imbroglio: RSS responsible for Modi’s silence: Jha
- Resistance leadership calls for protest on Friday ‘Authorities have waged a war against civilian population’
- Girl Forced to Withdraw From Chess Tournament for ‘Seductive’ Dress
- Australia fight, but South Africa still in control
- Day 130: Kashmir continues to shut but roads witness heavy rush of vehicles, pedestrians