Morphed Photo of PM Modi Circulated on WhatsApp Group, Admin Arrested
- Nation, Published on: Wednesday 3rd May 17 - 9:44pm
Bengaluru: An administrator of a WhatsApp group has been arrested in Karnatakaâs Uttara Kannada district after a derogatory post about Prime Minister Narendra Modi was circulated in the group.
This is the first such arrest of a WhatsApp group administrator reported from Karnataka.
Media sources said that the administrator of 'The Balse Boys', Krishna Sannathamma Naik (30), from Murudeshwar area in the district has been arrested.
Krishna, an auto rickshaw driver, has been accused of posting derogatory matter about Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his group.
According to the police, a photograph of PM was morphed to look ugly and obscene before being circulated. Police registered a case after a complaint from Anand Manjunath Naik.
Another accused, Ganesh Naik, was also arrested and is out on bail. The third accused, Balakrishna Naik, is still on the run.
It's imperative to mention here that thousands of posts against a particular religion are being posted on Social media in India but till now no case has been lodged against such elements?
- Advisor to CM discusses issues of Kashmiri migrants
- UN chief Ban hopes U.S. doesn’t abandon Paris pact under Trump
- Prime Minister Theresa May tells Germany: Brexit preparations are ‘on track’
- Massive operation in South Kashmir ended with no arrests ‘Such operations are carried out regularly: General Rawat
- HR activist files petition in SHRC Seeks waiver of school fees, other dues