Kashmir has more peace makers, less trouble shooters: CM
- State, Published on: Monday 14th November 16 - 9:02pm
‘Stones, guns won’t take Kashmir anywhere, dialogue only way forward’
Srinaga: Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti here on Monday said Kashmir has more peace makers and less trouble shoots but national news channels in Kashmir panel discussions paint Kashmir black and reiterated her party’s commitment for dialogue over Kashmir issue she said stones and guns won’t take Kashmir anywhere.
Addressing an Asian Development function here on Monday Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti, according to Global Kashmir correspondent covering the event, said Kashmiris are predominantly peace makers but very few people tend to be trouble shooters.
Regretting that national news channels during panel discussion on Kashmir paint Kashmir black but forget reporting when Kashmiris tend to set examples of humanity and morality, Chief Minister said her party is committed to keep its words on resolution of some political and economic issues pending resolution for the last seventy years.
Saying that stones and gun won’t take Kashmir any where Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti said “violence in any form has been rejected by the civilized world. We are part of a democratic system and resolution of issues is to be sought within the democratic system. We are committed dialogue and dialogue only would end the era of suffering and miseries to people in Kashmir”
- Unscheduled power cuts irk Srinagar residents
- Illegal sand extraction makes Jehlum embankments breach prone
- Hillary reflects on loss, urges backers to ‘stay engaged’
- Nikki Haley to meet Trump, considered for Secretary’s post
- Day 132: 65-yr old man hit by teargas shell succumbs; shutdown continues amid evening clashes