Arrest of Class 12 student a day before exam: Family seeks CM’s intervention
- State, Published on: Tuesday 15th November 16 - 8:44pm
Srinagar: The family of a Nowhatta youth Tuesday appealed Chief Minister to ensure the release Class 12 student Abdul Waheed Dar who according to them was picked up by police on frivolous charges a day before the exam.
Abdul Waheed Dar son of Ghulam Muhammad, a resident of Pandan Nowhatta was bundled into a vehicle by police when he was going to a friend’s house to fetch ‘Political Science’ notes.
“He is innocent and from past one month he has been preparing for Class 12 examination. He is supposed to appear in Education paper on Wednesday but currently he has been locked up in police station Nowhatta,” the family members told news agency Global Kashmir.
“Police have been playing with his future and we appeal Chief Minister to look into the matter and allow Waheed to appear in the examination,” they said.
Describing Waheed as a ‘wanted’ stone-pelter, a police official while confirming his arrest said that he has been arrested in a case vide FIR number 99/2016 under section 148, 149, 336, 152.
Pertinently, Class 12 students from Arts stream are scheduled to appear in Education paper on Wednesday.
- ICC reviewing du Plessis footage for possible code breach
- Autonomy remains only constitutional remedy to Kashmir issue: Dr Farooq
- Demonetization Effect; JK Govt to make cash-payout of part salary in advance
- Working on modalities for return of power projects: Govt
- Yasin Malik didn’t meet Seema led CPA team